Thursday, November 11, 2010

Magazine Design








I found this to be a good example of magazine design because it jumps out at the reader and the graphic with "Pray." underneath it, intrigues its reader. I wondered what the issue was about. Was Apple coming out with a new iPad version? What was all this buzz about? Simply from a graphic that literally jumps out at its reader, the religious depiction made it seem as though Apple was going to come out with a new tech gadget that would act as a "savior" for many.

Wired magazine (http://www.wired.com/) is a publication all about new and upcoming technology. Whether it's related to hybrid cars, iPods, phones, etc...Wired magazine has something for all tech - savvy readers. Naturally, its cover creatively relates directly to the content inside the magazine.

One thing I would improve with this design cover is the size of the cover lines. They could be a little larger; however, I can see how it would detract from the Apple graphic which is the main visual interest of the cover. The colors, font choices and graphic used all flow well together and express the views of the magazine and what stories are in its pages. If was interested in new and upcoming technological advances I would pick this magazine up from a newsstand.

No comments:

Post a Comment